Chinese Lemon Chicken Easy Recipe:
To make Chinese Lemon Chicken, they make chicken crispy battered by dipping pieces of chicken breast in Chinese lemons, adding the sweet and tangy lemon sauce. If you want to make lemon chicken at home like a restaurant, then you can make it very easily with the help of this article. So you can eat this dish with boiled rice and vegetables. So I like to make all kinds of Chinese food at home. But my favorite foods are Chinese rice and egg rolls.
How to make Chinese Lemon Chicken?
So to make this dish, first fry the chicken pieces well. But make sure that the chicken used in it is a piece of boneless chicken breast. But you can if you want to use chicken queens. Now dip the chicken pieces well in the egg mixture and mix well in the corn starch and flour mixture.
Now put these pieces in hot oil and fry them till they become old. But most chickens use canola or vegetable oil for frying. So if you want to estimate the amount of hot oil, you can use a thermometer. Therefore, the oil heating range should be 350-375 degrees F. If the oil gets too hot, the chicken coating burns before it is cooked. Similarly, if the oil is too cold, too much oil is absorbed in the coating while frying the chicken.
How to make Lemon Sauce for Chinese Lemon Chicken?
So while frying chicken, it can be easily made with lemon sauce, so extract fresh lemon juice, now add a simple mixture of sugar, water, and corn starch. Make sure to squeeze fresh lemon juice. If you want to make a restaurant-like sauce color, use the yellow color used in food. Mix the chicken pieces well in the lemon sauce, garnish with lemon zest, green onions, and sesame seeds.
What should be served with it?
Boiled rice with Chinese lemon chicken is more delicious to eat. If you like to eat with vegetables, you can eat. So often this dish is also eaten with noodles.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Lightly crack 2 eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup whole purpose flour
- 1/2 cup tablespoon corn starch
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2/1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemon zest
- First, take a medium-sized cup, then add eggs, salt, and pepper and beat it.
- Now put the flour and 1/3 cup corn starch on a plate and mix well.
- First, dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg, now dip in the flour and apply it well on the chicken pieces.
- Take a deep frying pan, heat it.
- Put the chicken pieces in the frying pan, taking care not to overfill the frying pan. Cook until crispy, until golden brown. Cook all the pieces of chicken in the same way.
- Put tissue paper in a pot and take out the chicken.
- Make the sauce until the chicken is cooked. Take a saucepan, add lemon juice, sugar, and water and boil until smooth.
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon corn starch with 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water. Add this mixture to the lemon juice.
- Keep stirring the sauce, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Mix the chicken pieces well in the lemon sauce. Mix this zest of lemons well. Sprinkle sesame seeds and finely chopped green onions on it and serve.
- 324 kcal calories
- Carbohydrates 42 grams
- 26 grams of protein
- 15 grams of fat
- 2 g saturated fat
- 126 mg cholesterol
- Sodium 157 mg
- Potassium 472 mg
- 12 grams of sugar
- 1152U Vitamin A
- 9.1 mg of vitamin C.
- Calcium 21 mg
- Iron 1.5 mg